Fantasy TDF League 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fantasy TDF League 2015

Post by Woolfie on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 pm

As excitement builds for the start of the Tour De France this weekend, as a bit of fun I have set up a Matlock CC Fantasy league over on Velogames - its free to enter and you have until this Saturday to get a team in!

You can go to the Velogames site, register a team and enter it into the Matlock CC league with the following details:

League Name: Matlock CC
League Code: 29120218

http://www.velogames.com/

THE FANTASY TOUR DE FRANCE IS OPEN FOR ENTRIES!

The 19th edition of the Velogames Fantasy Tour de France went live for entries on Wednesday evening.

If you have not already entered, make sure to get your team signed up to compete in the main event of the Velogames Fantasy Cycling season.

The game is completely free to play and the closing date for entries is 14:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday 4th July 2015..

Head over to the website at www.velogames.com to view the rules and rider list, and enter your team by following the ENTER NOW link on the site homepage.

A QUARTET OF CHAMPIONS CHASING YELLOW!

This year sees the high-powered quartet of Chris Froome (24 credits), Nairo Quintana (22 credits), Alberto Contador (20 credits) and defending champion Vincenzo Nibali (18 credits) heading to the start-line in Utrecht. With 11 Grand Tour victories between them, expect the leading four to serve up a vintage edition of Le Tour!

Thibaut Pinot (16 credits), Romain Bardet (12 credits) and Jean-Christophe Peraud (10 credits) spearhead the French challenge, while Tejay Van Garderen (14 credits), Richie Porte (12 credits), Dan Martin (10 credits) and the Yates brothers (Adam and Simon, both 8 credits) extend the interest of the English-speaking nations.

This year sees a host of interesting flatt(ish!) stages before the Tour hits the high-mountains, with different stage profiles to suit the likes of Peter Sagan (16 credits), Alexander Kristoff (14 credits) and Mark Cavendish (12 credits).

The Velogames Fantasy Tour de France scoring system now distributes 200 points for each stage win, rather than 150 last year, so the sprint finishes and battle for the Green Jersey is set to be even more interesting for the Velogames directeur sportifs!

FREE-TO-ENTER, £300 PRIZE FUND!

Fantasy Tour de France is free-to-play, but that does not mean there are no prizes!

This season, the winner of the contest will receive £150 (UK Pounds). The second-placed team overall will receive £100, and the third-placed team overall will receive £50.

The prize pool is funded by Premium Memberships, with over half of all current Premium Membership fees currently allocated to prizes across the Fantasy Grand Tours.

Please do keep an eye out for the next Premium contest, the Fantasy Tour de France King of the Mountains competition, which will launch within the coming days.

CLOSING-DEADLINE IS 14:00 CEST ON SATURDAY 4th JULY!

Make sure you head over to www.velogames.com to select your team to compete in the 19th Velogames Fantasy Tour de France.

The closing date for entries is 14:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday 4th July. That is 13:00 in the UK and 08:00 on the US Eastern Coastline, so make sure to enter by the deadline. As always, I will be updating the rider list as teams are confirmed, and you can make unlimited changes to your team ahead of the deadline.

I look forward to seeing your teams on the road this July!

All the best,

George

George Chapman
Velogames Fantasy Cycling
www.velogames.com

Woolfie

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top