Last night's Sunday in Hell.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Last night's Sunday in Hell.

Post by philc on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:27 pm

What a fantastic night at Wirksworth's Northern Light Cinema! cheers 

It was great to see the cinema packed with Matlock Cycling Club members and their families. And what a nice touch to have bidons waiting on our seats thanks to Zepnat. Also there was a Cateye light given away by Stanley Fearn Cycles to the first person to answer the question correctly ......in what year did Stanley Fearn open in Darley Dale? Answer, I think was 1903...not sure who won, but I guess he was a MCC member!

And what an interesting film, a great insight to the Paris Roubaix nearly 38 years ago. One of the things I noticed was the build of the riders back then were a lot bigger than todays riders...and their saddles look to low. Eddy Merckx certainly spent a long time adjusting his! The other observation was that the race organisation looked a bit chaotic compered to todays races.

As for the protesters...they needed Bernard Hinault to shift them out of the way! bom 

Interestingly the commentator of the race was a guy called Daniel Mangeas...La Voix du Tour, who still commentates on the Tour de France today.
philc

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top