Matlock Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eroica Britannia Bakewell 19-21 June 2015

2 posters

Go down

Eroica Britannia Bakewell 19-21 June 2015 Empty Eroica Britannia Bakewell 19-21 June 2015

Post by Woolfie Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:33 pm

Bookings now open!

http://eroicabritannia.co.uk/

Three Days of Festival Fun

The first ever Eroica Britannia was one of the most talked about events in the cycling and festival calenders for 2014. Over 30,000 wonderful folk travelled from all four corners of the World to make iconic British history in the historic market town of Bakewell, Peak District National Park. What fun we had! 3 sublime sunny festival days of all things handsome. Music, glorious vintage, shopping, food, drink, camping and cycling.

For 2015 we have an even better treat lined up! We have 3 days of family festival fun celebrating 'Best of British'. We will have over 200 brilliant brands at the festival including fascinating vintage sales, lifestyle finds, bike brands including the World's biggest Bike Jumble. We'll have amazing street food trucks and spectacular drinking experiences. As well as Best in Show, family fun and high jinks on The Sporting Lawns including a vintage Sports Day. Our Festival is made up of seven areas to inspire a truly excellent weekend!

The Great British Adventure

On Sunday 21st June 2015 - You, our adventurers will gather, bikes polished and magnificent for a 3 route tour of the Peak District. Bells will ring and the thrill of 3,000 riders on pre-1987 bikes will resonate around hill and through vale for Eroica Britannia.

Come and experience a true Great British Adventure. An exploration of some of the most beautiful countryside punctuated by World class heritage sites and areas of astonishing beauty. Plus - enjoy our 'Feast Stops' laden with local food and drink to nourish, sustain, surprise and delight you. All food and drink on whichever route you choose is included in your Ride ticket price.

We have a top tip! Ahead of all these wonders! Get your training in! The Peak District may sound friendly but we're got a real challenge lined up for you!
Woolfie
Woolfie

Back to top Go down

Eroica Britannia Bakewell 19-21 June 2015 Empty Re: Eroica Britannia Bakewell 19-21 June 2015

Post by philc Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:23 am

After not riding last year and regretting it I've entered! I know it's a lot of money, but it is a birthday gift from my daughter and I've been busy preparing my Allin for the event.

Unfortunately it isn't a free entry to the show this year and a weekend pass...for the 3 days is £10. Which if you spend the weekend there is still good value for money.

The ride cost £60 for either the 30, 55 or 100 mile routes, but this does include the 3 day festival pass.

Camping is £60 for the weekend....where as last year it was included in the ride fee, and this is where a lot of people are complaining!  Mad  Luckily we don't need camping facilities! Smile
philc
philc

Back to top Go down