Matlock Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday Evening Chaingang ride starting February 19th

3 posters

Go down

Thursday Evening Chaingang ride starting February 19th Empty Thursday Evening Chaingang ride starting February 19th

Post by Woolfie Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:18 am

Starting Thursday 19th February, chaingang from Crown Square, Matlock at 7pm. Route to be Allestree and back.

Not sure about chaingang riding (through and off) and what it means? Watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWEoBFkwsc0
Woolfie
Woolfie

Back to top Go down

Thursday Evening Chaingang ride starting February 19th Empty Re: Thursday Evening Chaingang ride starting February 19th

Post by Andy S Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:26 am

Hi Andy,

do the 'normal' chain gang rules apply? i.e. no stopping for punctures or mechanicals unless serious (self sufficiency is essential).

Andy
Andy S
Andy S

Back to top Go down

Thursday Evening Chaingang ride starting February 19th Empty Re: Thursday Evening Chaingang ride starting February 19th

Post by Woolfie Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:07 pm

Yes - self sufficiency is required - apart from mechanicals you may also wish to bail out after a while - I did this a few years ago when they used to run them, the first two I made it about halfway and then just pottered back at my own pace until I was fit enough to stay with it. John Johnston has initiated the rides, lets get supporting them and see how they develop.
Woolfie
Woolfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy S Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Thanks.

Woolfie wrote:...you may also wish need to bail out after a while...

If John Johnston has initiated the rides I look forward to riding back from Cromford on my own!
Andy S
Andy S

Back to top Go down

Post by Queenofthecols Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:50 am

Great video clip!

Hopefully I'll be joining you on Thursday eve.

Lou

Queenofthecols

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down