Matlock Cycling Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Womens Only Road Race Coaching

2 posters

Go down

Womens Only Road Race Coaching Empty Womens Only Road Race Coaching

Post by Steve_S Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:30 am

Message from Elisa McDonagh regarding Women's only road race coaching:-

Hi there,

I'm looking at arranging a women’s only road race coaching session at Darley Moor circuit within the next few months.

This will be aimed at beginner and novice level riders giving them the knowledge and skills needed to start racing. There will be a women's 3rd and 4th category only race several weeks later at the circuit.

3/4 women only races are extremely rare, so this would make an excellent opportunity for participants to try out their new skills in a supportive environment.

The session is for women who are keen to give cycle racing a go, plus riders who have raced and are keen to refresh or expand their knowledge with an eye on moving up the categories. The session will be structured in a way that allows all riders to participate at their own level of ability and there will be no instances of novice riders feeling ‘out of their depth.’

The session will be delivered by Huw Williams a British Cycling level 3 road and TT coach.

The session is aimed at developing essential skills in novice and 4th category riders but more experienced 3rd category racers returning to the sport are welcome and would find them useful.

The 4-hour session will be progressive, on a dedicated, traffic-free circuit where participants will learn the techniques, skills, tactics and group riding etiquette needed to race. I'm also considering an off the bike skills session covering training theory, basic mechanics (changing a tube, adjusting breaks) bike cleaning and basic nutrition.

The cost will be approximately £20 per rider per session payable on the day.

Before I make any firm arrangements I need a rough idea of how many women are interested. If you are interested (or want further details) please email elisamcdonagh@gmail.com by 30th January.

Please forward this email on to anyone you know who may be interested.

I look forward to hearing from you

Happy cycling

Elisa
Steve_S
Steve_S

Back to top Go down

Womens Only Road Race Coaching Empty Re: Womens Only Road Race Coaching

Post by Woolfie Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:51 am

Womens Only Road Race Coaching Womensracetrainingsession_zps4ab97f4a
Woolfie
Woolfie

Back to top Go down